Assisted Care Planning in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida
A powerful solution to age-old problems that can start in a second or slowly unfold
Assisted Care Planning leverages Elder Care Coordinators (geriatric case managers in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, or Florida) from the medical and social work field to work with our clients and help us provide the best legal solutions and plans for the phases ahead. It includes Medicaid planning to determine which government benefits your loved one may be eligible for and working to obtain them to offset anticipated long-term care expenses.
Assisted Care Planning could benefit you if you’ve recently been diagnosed with a chronic illness but can still manage self-care activities.
Assisted Care Planning helps you with all types of life-altering events, including the following circumstances:
A Diagnosis or Change in your Health
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Need for additional personal assistance
- Need to move from your home
The Complete Assisted Care Planning Solution
An Assisted Care Plan defines, organizes, prioritizes, and mobilizes every aspect of your loved one’s care. It bundles asset protection, Medicaid and VA planning (if needed), family education, and other services into a convenient package of estate planning documents that promote quality of life for elders and preservation of wealth. Assisted Care Planning also provides caregivers with compassionate guidance and help with decisions along the way. Complete Assisted Care Planning includes:
- Legal services
- Care coordination
- Client advocacy
- Medicare/insurance support
What you get with an Assisted Care Plan
- Your own team to help you find, get, and pay for good care
- Comprehensive, customized estate planning
- Asset restructuring using trusts and deed transfers as appropriate; the goal is to reserve the older adult’s home and as many liquid assets as possible
- Development of Legacy Care Planning and coordination of care
How to Get Started
Contact the elder law and estate planning lawyers at Nugen Law by calling 260 925-3738 or emailing us to schedule your confidential consultation and preserve your legacy. Our on-staff Elder Care Coordinator is ready to assist you, too. Ask us about our Renewal Care Planning Program.
Guidance from Elder Law Attorneys in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida
At Nugen Law, we have an elder law coordinator on staff to help with medical topics, concerns, and needs, such as:
- Guidance to make good health care and long-term care decisions
- Help to sort through the maze of long-term care options, including residential placement
- Personal geriatric care managers in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, or Florida for advocacy
- Assistance and advocacy when a crisis occurs
- Guidance from our Medicare and public benefit specialists
- Identification and access to public benefits and resources to pay for care
- Assistance to attain eligibility for public benefits such as Medicare or VA pension or Aid and Attendance
- Information, education, and support for the client and family caregivers
An Assisted Care Plan Delivers Peace of Mind
As your loved one’s condition progresses, you have a team of skilled and compassionate advisors at your side. We also work with your accountants and financial experts. No matter what happens, we will help you assess the situation, evaluate your options, and then choose the next right move.
Your loved one benefits from …
- The right care at the right time in the right place
- A better quality of life
- Assets protected to the greatest extent possible
- More dignity, independence, and control
- Better chance of growing old in familiar surroundings
- All legal and financial affairs are in order
Medicaid Planning in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida: Protecting Quality of Life
What is Medicaid?
Medicaid is a needs-based medical insurance option created by the government for people 65 and older or those declared disabled. Medicaid can be used to cover the costs of general health care as well as long-term care. For older adults, Medicaid can help pay for long-term care in the home, a nursing home, or assisted living facility. Medicaid is available for those who don’t have the private funds to pay for their care.
Because Medicaid is a needs-based benefit, many middle-income people don’t consider it. They don’t believe that they will qualify. It’s true that to be eligible for the Medicaid program, you must meet strict financial requirements. But, with the right planning implemented by Nugen Law, Medicaid can be a viable payment source for long-term care – without unnecessary impoverishment of either the older adult who needs care or the spouse.
To find out how Nugen Law’s Medicaid planning attorneys and Assisted Care Planning can benefit you and your loved ones in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida, call 260 925-3738 or email us to schedule your consultation. Ask us about our Renewal Care Planning Program.
Assisted Care Planning with Elder Care Coordination and Advocacy in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida
What is an Elder Care Coordinator?
Bridging the Gap in Elder Care
An Assisted Care Plan from Nugen Law includes the services of an Elder Care Coordinator who oversees the management of your loved one’s health and long-term care, serves as your advocate for quality care, and helps you make good decisions for your loved one every step of the way. Think of your Elder Care Coordinator as the general manager of the team of providers dedicated to making your loved one’s life safe and their surroundings comfortable and familiar.
An Elder Care Coordinator:
- Conducts care assessments to uncover potential problems and find solutions
- Helps you locate and hire in-home help or other services
- Coordinates with medical and health care providers
- Reviews medical issues and offers referrals to other geriatric case managers in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, or Florida to provide appropriate care in a way that conserves financial resources
- Helps you plan for the possibility of incapacity or disability
- Provides support, guidance, and advocacy during a crisis
- Assists with housing decisions and transitions, including moves to or from a long-term care facility
- Provides education, counseling, and support
- Works in collaboration with other members of the support team serving your loved one, including long-term care administrators, accountants, physicians, and financial planners, to ensure that the right professionals are helping you at the right time
- Serves as an advocate for quality of care in long-term care facilities, including helping plan for care conferences
- Empowers you to be an advocate for your loved one
- Serves as a liaison for family decision-making, obtaining accurate and detailed information from health care providers, and communicating it to the entire family
Sit down with our Elder Care Coordinator to see how Assisted Care Planning can benefit you and your loved ones in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida. Call 260 925-3738 or email us to schedule your consultation. Ask us about our Renewal Care Planning Program.
Medicare & Insurance Support
The Right Help at the Right Time
An annual drug plan review pays off in massive prescription cost savings.
Expert Help with Medicare and Insurance Plans
When you or your loved one have a Life Care Plan, you no longer have to deal with unexplained bills, confusing forms, and complicated health insurance decisions on your own. Your life care plan gives you access to Nugen Law’s in-house Medicare and insurance expert. This service includes assistance evaluating your health and prescription drug coverage options during Medicare open enrollment each year.
No matter what challenge you face, our Medicare Experts will help you understand your options and work to resolve every issue, including eligibility, benefits coverage, appeals, and changes resulting from legislation.
Nugen Law is more than a traditional estate planning and elder law firm. We are a long-established Life Care Planning law firm focusing on Legacy Care Planning, Pre-Care Planning, Assisted Care Planning, Crisis Care Planning, and Probate. Our team has over 30 years of experience as reputable and respected attorneys serving clients in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Florida.
Protecting Families for a Lifetime with Legal & Care Resources
An Assisted Care Plan created by the elder law attorneys and Elder Care Coordinator at Nugen Law is your path to peace of mind. Now is the time. Call 260 925-3738 or email us. Ask us about our Renewal Care Planning Program.